Our Capabilities and Expertise
NOMAC owned O&M contractors in the region. It brings its technical expertise, process, systems, and managerial staff to compliment ACWA Power Project’s well-established supply chain in Saudi Arabia as well as its in-country experience in recruiting, training and retaining staff to maximize the Saudi talents in this segment of commercial endeavor without compromising on quality of service.
NOMAC is highly capable of providing safe and reliable execution of all aspects of the operation and maintenance of large scale power generation and water desalinization facilities including:
- Engineering review and construction supervision services;
- Initial mobilization and project commissioning;
- Long term operations and maintenance;
- Staffing services;
- Technical support services including development of plant specific Standard Operating and Maintenance procedures;
- Major overhaul of boilers, turbines, multistage flashing and reverse osmosis equipment.
NOMAC can provide on a standby basis the management, technical knowledge, operations and maintenance personnel and plant equipment and tools required to operate and maintain any power generation and water desalinization facility globally with full confidence.
NOMAC has completed mobilization and assumed full responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the following facilities under long term contract:
- Shuaibah Independent Water and Power Project, which achieved Financial Close on 15 January 2006 and currently produces over 800,000 m³/day of desalinated water and 1,200 MW of gross power;
- Shuaibah RO Expansion water Independent Project, which achieved Financial Close in July 2007 and currently produces 150,000 m3/day of desalinated water;
- The Shuqaiq Independent Water and Power Project , which achieved Financial Close on 29 Mar 2007 and currently produces over 200,000 m³/day of desalinated water and 900 MW of gross power;
- The Marafiq Jubail Independent Water and Power Project, which achieved Financial Close on 20 Jun 2007 and currently produces over 800,000 m³/day of desalinated water and 2,743 MW of gross power;
- The Bowarege Independent Water project, which is a floating, self-contained, mobile water desalination solution and that currently produces approximately 50,000 m³/day of desalinated water at its current location in Yanbu in the Red Sea.
NOMAC is thus able to draw on its track record and existing extensive resource base to provide for the high quality operation and maintenance of a wide range of facilities including:
- Large capacity HP Boiler and Steam Turbine based power plant;
- Gas turbines simple & combined cycle power plants;
- Very large capacity multi stage flashing sea water desalination plants;
- Very large capacity multiple effect distillation desalination plants;
- Very large capacity reverses osmosis desalination plants;
- Diesel engine power plants;
- Sewage treatment plants;
- Sea water cooling systems;
- Potable water transmission system.